Have a passion? Don’t be afraid to call an organization that you’d like to work at and ask if you could volunteer there. Just because an organization isn’t actively seeking help, doesn’t mean they wouldn’t love it!
Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Oklahoma City
- Serve on a committee! We open up committee applications in August each year and as needed. Members will be notified of openings by email.
- Serve on our board of directors – Applications are accepted in April and directors are elected in May. Our terms of service run from August 1 to July 31. Board members should commit to a two year term and sign the Board Member Commitment Form. Let a current board member know if you are interested in board service.
- We are always looking for event speakers, event hosts, guest bloggers, and more! Tell us what you are good at and what you would like to learn and we will try to create a volunteer opportunity for you.
- Contact us for more information or to ask us to promote your volunteer opportunity to our members.
- OKC Volunteers shares a wide variety of short and long-term volunteer opportunities from across the metro.
- Subscribe to their weekly email and/or join their Facebook group to receive regular updates.
- Submit opportunities for volunteers at your nonprofit on their website for promotion.
United Way of Central Oklahoma
- United Way of Central Oklahoma is focused on Successful Kids, Strong Families, Healthy Citizens, Independent Living, and Community Preparedness.
- The Volunteer Center connects you with opportunities in more than 60 partner agencies to volunteer as an individual or with a group.
- Serve on a community investment committee and learn how to evaluate Partner Agencies and their annual requests for funding. Even a small annual contribution to United Way qualifies you to be a community investment volunteer.
- Learn how to serve on the board of a nonprofit organization through Board Serve
Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
- It's easy to sign up to volunteer on your own or in a group for a few hours.
- Pillar Volunteers are skills-based volunteers who donate their time in a specialized field to further the mission of the Regional Food Bank in "Fighting Hunger...Feeding Hope." Make this deeper time commitment and you will gain valuable work experience.
Boys and Girls Club of Oklahoma County
- The Boys and Girls Club offers a variety of summer and after-school programs for disadvantaged kids.
- Applications are online to become a volunteer or mentor.
- ServeOK.org is a project of Revive, a nonprofit established by Christian churches across the OKC metro area.
- Search for volunteer needs at local faith-based nonprofits.
Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition
- OVAC needs volunteers in the office and for exhibitions and events.
- Get hands-on experience with arts and non-profit administration.
- Serve on one of their event or program committees and get experience with marketing, volunteer management, fundraising, event planning, and more!
- Submit an online volunteer form or join the Facebook Group
Arts Council of Oklahoma City
- Arts Council OKC has opportunities to serve on event planning committees for Festival of the Arts, Opening Night, Storytelling Festival. Each event has multiple committees so you can focus on PR, volunteer management, fundraising, etc.
- You can also work event shifts to get exposed to all their different programs.
- Submit your information online to be contacted about volunteering.
Leadership OKC’s LOYAL Program
- To apply for the LOYAL (Linking OKC's Young Adult Leaders) program, you must be 23 to 35 years old.
- Applications are taken every summer. It is competitive and tuition is $625.
- Participants attend a series of short programs teaching leadership skills for volunteers and participate in a community project which allows you to practice the skills learned in class.
Join a local service organization